Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Special interest groups

Sorry for bogarting the planning blog, y'all! It's just that as things occur to me, I figure I better go ahead and get them written down, or else there's a good chance that I'll forget completely. So, onward:

Stacy, I think you were the one who mentioned Roller Derby women the other night, right? I think we should definitely try to hook up with the Roller Derby and, if possible do some cross-promotion. According to their website, they've got several matches between now and May. I envision a trade-off: Zombies come and work the crowd at a couple of roller derby events, and then during the zombie walk, rollergirl zombies take to the streets on their skates. Could be a beautiful partnership.

Of course, it might not even take that much. The roller derby participants might be into coming to the march of their own volition without so much as any cross-promotion.

What other groups around town should we maybe look to recruit?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think that is a great idea. The idea of zombies on rollerskates is going to make my whole morning.

Plus, attending some of the Rollerderby matches in full zombie makeup would give us a chance to play and practice techniques.

Rebecca said...

I love this idea as well. Does anyone know the number of people who actually attend the Roller Derby? I have never been to a Roller Derby event before and have no idea how high in demand it is. Or is it just something this group of women do for fun because they like it?

It is something I would consider "alternative", but, then again, I am a bit of a square (borrowing the term from my friend and co-worker Michael).